We have a project for a water tank level monitoring and control. The system will monitor 10 different tanks each fitted with 4-20ma level sensors ranged to 4 metres depth in them, and we will need to manage the actuation of 16 devices based on the level setpoint readings. We would also like the to have the ability for email notification based on the level readings when they go outside predetermined parameters, and we would like to be able to monitor these via a web browser. Also we would like to see if a device is in the “on” or “off” position in the monitor display.
If you use the I16 card, this will give you 16 x 4-20mA current inputs, which can then use two R81 cards which will give you 16 x 1A relays. These relays can be used to drive the actuators if the current is less than 1 amp, if they require a higher amperage then use the relay to drive a larger driving relay with a higher switching current rating.
The Multicon comes with an ethernet RJ45 connection, which means you can plug it into your local area network (LAN) or internet router and use it to see the real time values on the web browser. You can also send email notifications which will send up to 30 different user predefined messages. The display screen can be configured very easily to show whatever parameters you require, including the device actuation on/off position.
The 18.605 G water level sensor can be used as either a fully submersible device, or an externally mounted device by removing the nose cone and using the thread on the front end.
MultiCon Multichannel Controller and Email Notifier
- MultiCon Type: CMC-99 panel mount, 3.5 inch display, 48 inputs max
- Power Supply (Slot P): 85-260V AC/DC (PS42)
- Digital Coms (Slot D): USB Host, Ethernet (ETU)
- Inputs / Outputs (Slot C): 8 x SPST relay 1A (S8)
- Inputs / Outputs (Slot B): 8 x SPST relay 1A (S8)
- Inputs / Outputs (Slot A): 16 x current input (I16)
- Options: front USB Host + operating temperature -20°C…+50°C including PCB conformal coating (0K1)
- Accessories: E-mail notifications licence key (ENS-99/141), Data logging license key (LKS-99/141)
18.605 G Low Cost Water Tank Level Sensor
- Part Number: 18.605G-4000-M-1-5-1-006-300-1-000
- Measuring Range: 4 mH2O (13.12 ftH2O)
- Reference Type: Gauge / Vented (atm to +P)
- Output Signal: 4-20mA, 2 wire
- Accuracy: 0.5% FSO
- Electrical Connection: IP68 submersible cable
- Cable Type: PVC (70degC max)
- Cable Length: 6 metres (19.69 feet)
- Housing Material: Stainless Steel 304
- Diaphragm Material: Stainless Steel 316L
- Media Exposed Seals: FKM
- Mechanical Connection: G1/4 male
- Optional Extras: Nose cone (part no: M10006)