22mm diameter digital interface submersible liquid level probe with RS 485 Modbus RTU protocol serial bus communications for installing in 1″ diameter tubes to measure groundwater level and measuring wastewater with nose cone removed.
- Pressure Ranges: 0 to 1…100 mH2O or 0.1…10 bar gauge
- Output Signals: Modbus RTU RS485
- Accuracy: 0.35% or 0.25% FS
- Electrical Connections: IP68 submersible cable gland and TPE-U cable
- Process Connections: Flush diaphragm with removable nose cone
- Media Compatibility: Stainless steel 316L sensor housing, ceramic diaphragm, TPE-U cable coating and EPDM seals
- Dimensions: 22 mm diameter
- Special Options: Drinking water approval
This digital interface submersible hydrostatic level sensor has a reduced diameter to allow it to be easily installed into boreholes and down 1 inch diameter tubes where space is tight or taken up by other borehole equipment such pump feeds and electrical power cables.
The nose cone can be removed to reveal a flush ceramic diaphragm that provides measurement sensitivity to level ranges as low as 0 to 1 mH2O (~3 ftH2O), and adequate protection from wastewater solids and chemicals.
The measured level reading is transmitted via the RS485 serial coms using the Modbus RTU protocol, which can be configured to send the reading in any of the following liquid level or pressure units: mmH2O, mmHg, PSI, bar, mbar, g/cm2, kg/cm2, Pa, kPa, torr, atm, mH2O or MPa.
The RS 485 serial bus interface provides a relatively high powered digital signal which is robust enough to be used over long distances with cables lengths to facilitate borehole installations for measuring groundwater levels of up to 100 metres metres if necessary.