Plastic melt pressure sensor with a GRAS compliant NaK filling fluid, 10,000 psi high pressure range and 0 to 10 Vdc output signal for use on blow moulding machines.
A melt pressure sensor is a specially designed sensing probe which is protected from very high temperatures and is compatible with highly viscous fluids. The heat protection is provided by a fluid filled capillary tube to isolate the high temperature, or by utilising high temperature resistant sensing technology such as silicon on insulator.
Sodium Potassium (NaK) fill fluid has very low coefficient of compressibility over a very wide range of temperatures. NaK fill fluid is a GRAS (Generally Recognised As Safe) substance and is safe to use in applications for the food, drug or cosmetic industry.
Blow moulding machines are used to manufacture plastic based components from a raw plastic material often in the form of pellets. The pellets are melted to a high temperature and then forced under high pressure through an extruder to form a hot hollow tube preform inside a mould which is then inflated with air to coat the inside of the mould.
KN NaK Fill Melt Pressure Sensor
- Melt Pressure Sensor overview
- Part No: K-N16MP10M14CS-000-2130X000W00
- Pressure Range: 10000 psi g
- Output: 0-10V
- Accuracy: 0.5% FS
- Auto-Zero Tare Function: Magnetic Adjustment (standard)
- Electrical Connection: 6 pin mil style bayonet connector
- Optional Mating Connectors: 6 pin mil style bayonet connector
- Fill Fluid, Max Temp & Diaphragm: NaK (Sodium Potassium), 400°C / 750°F, SS 15-5 or 17-4 PH & GTP
- Process Connection: 1/2-20 UNF male
- Stem Configuration: Rigid & Flexible Stem
- Rigid Stem Length: 153mm / 6″ (standard)
- Flexible Stem Length: 300mm / 12″