This differential pressure (dp) transmitter can be used to measure the difference in upstream and downstream flowing pressure either side of a orifice plate.
An orifice plate is a physical restriction, typically a plate with a hole in it, that is added inside the flow to create a pressure drop.
The resulting differential pressure measured by the XMD dp transmitter is proportional to the square of the flow velocity according to Bernoulli’s principle.
To produce a linear relationship between the measured dp across the orifice plate and the flow velocity, it is possible to switch the linear output signal to a square root extraction output signal.
It is then possible to convert the SqRt dp to a flow measurement by multiplying it by a constant, derived from other fixed parameters particular to the flow system being measured.
XMD Orifice Plate Flow DP Transmitter
- Part No: 340-2001-A0-I-1-AK0-N56-1-000
- Upper Pressure Range Limit: 0 to 2 bar differential
- Factory Set Pressure Range: 0 to 250″ W.C.
- ATEX Approval Type: Intrinsic safety
- Output Signal: 4 to 20 mA, 2 wire with HART communications
- Accuracy: 0.1% full scale
- Diaphragm Material: Stainless steel 316L
- Media Exposed Seals: FKM
- Process Connection Material: Stainless steel 316L
- Process Connection: 1/4-18 NPT female
- Optional Extras: Integrated LCD display