We work with hydraulic propping equipment used in excavation support and we are looking into pressure testing and monitoring with a network of pressure instruments. The main issue we have is that we have limited access to the hydraulic controls of the prop and would ideally need to use wireless sensors on the props and send the readings back to a central receiver. We would also like to capture the readings as well as displaying them together on a screen.
We would suggest a MultiCon CMC-99 indicator & data logger device which can be used as the main user interface for displaying readings from all the sensors fitted to the hydraulic props, and can also store the readings for transfer to a PC for later analysis.
All the sensor readings are collected by the ZPORT-COMM wireless receiver connected to the CMC-99 via a RS485 Modbus serial bus interface.
Finally a wireless Z-Head pressure sensors, which would be installed on each hydraulic prop, would transmit the measured local pressure readings wirelessly back to the ZPORT-COMM.
Data can either be downloaded using a USB stick and then uploaded to a PC/Laptop with the free software or alternatively you can connect the CMC-99 via the ethernet port directly to your network and download the data from any connected PC on the network.
MultiCon Multichannel Controller and Datalogger
- Part No: CMC-99-PS42/ACM/UI4/E/E-0B1
- MultiCon Type: CMC-99 panel mount, 3.5 inch display, 48 inputs max
- Power Supply (Slot P): 85-260V AC/DC (PS42)
- Digital Coms (Slot D): USB Host, Ethernet, RS485/232 (ACM)
- Inputs / Outputs (Slot C): 4 x voltage input + 4 x current input (UI4)
- Inputs / Outputs (Slot B): empty (E)
- Inputs / Outputs (Slot A): empty (E)
- Options: front USB Host (0B1)
Z-PORT Wireless Receiver
- Part No: II-ZPORT-X-00-00-00
- Communications Interface: RS485
- RF Output: 2.4GHz 3dBm Tx Power
- Antenna Type: External SMA Connector
- Power Supply: 16-36 Vdc
ZHEAD-PRESS Wireless Pressure Sensor
- Part No: II-ZHEAD-0P-GB4V-A-AAA-A-120
- Pressure Range Type: Gauge
- Pressure Range: 0-300 barg
- Pressure Port: 1/4″ NPT male
- O Ring Material: Viton
- Power Supply: C Cell Lithium Ion 3.6V Battery
- RF Frequency: 2.4GHz Licence free
- RF Transmit Power: Standard
- Antenna option: Internal
- Enclosure Type: Acetal plastic
- Accuracy: <±0.25% / FS BFSL
- Sensor Material: Stainless 316