We are looking for a pressure transmitter to solve a problem we are having with a process that produces a potentially explosive powder. There is a powder filter which is designed to allow any explosion through which will subsequently blow out a rupture disc and pass through to a flameless explosion vent. The problem we are having is that the powder tends to stick to the filter and creates a blockage, the filter body then becomes pressurised and blows out a vent panel. We would like to monitor the pressure build up and shutdown the system at 50 mbar. The pressure transmitter will need to be approved for intrinsic safety in dust zone 20 as a minimum requirement.
The DMP331 is a pressure transmitter which is both ATEX and IECEx intrinsically safe approved for use in zone 20 potentially explosive dust environments. The DMP331 can be configured with a flush diaphragm to prevent powder clogging up the transmitter process connection, and allow any residue powder to be easily wiped away.
DMP331 Dust Zone Approved Pressure Transmitter
- Part No: 110-1000-E-5-100-F00-1-000
- Pressure Range: 100
- Units: mbar
- Range Type: Positive Gauge (atm to +P)
- Output Signal: 4-20mA, ATEX / IECEx IS, (2 wire)
- Accuracy: 0.35%FS ranges 0.4 bar and above, 0.5% ranges below 0.4bar (11-12bit resolution)
- Electrical Connection: DIN43650A plug IP65
- Process Connection: G1/2 DIN3852 flush male
- Process Connector Material: Stainless steel 316L
- Diaphragm Material: Stainless steel 316L
- Media Exposed Seals: FKM