I am in the process of developing an instrumentation package for remote monitoring of the level in stationary fuel tank. Sometimes there will be no electrical power on site to supply the instrumentation. The sensor must have a low power consumption and be able to measure the fuel level in the tank and output the tank level as a 0 to 5 volts signal. The sensor will need to operate from a 5Vdc power input and not be affected by switching off the power supply most of the time to conserve battery life. Please suggest a product that is suited for this tank monitoring application.
We would suggest the IMTG which is a low cost OEM submersible level transmitter which is typically used in applications that require diesel fuel level measurement in small tanks.
- Pressure Datum: Gauge
- Pressure Range: 0 – 2.5mWG
- Output: 0.5 to 4.5V / 3-wire (ratiometric)
- Accuracy (Combined NL and H): 0.5% / FS (BFSL)
- Accuracy (Thermal Zero Shift): 0.04% / FS / °C
- Electrical Connection: Vented FEP Cable
- Process Connection: Nose cone with M7x1 test port
- O Ring Seal: Viton
- Cable Length: 5 metre FEP
- Specials Code: No Special Requirements
- Diaphragm Material: Stainless Steel 1.4435 (316L)
- Housing Material: 303 Stainless Steel
- Media Temperature: -20 to +60°C non freezing
- Supply Voltage: 5V dc