Chemical resistant liquid level sensor with detachable signal cable for measuring quantity of aggressive media such acids and alkalis and sludge in tanks located outside of factory buildings.
- Hydrostatic Level Ranges: 0.4 to 100 metres of water gauge
- Accuracy: 0.35% FS or 0.25% FS (IEC 60770)
- Output Signal: 4-20mA 2wire
- Electrical Connection: PVC, PUR or FEP cable with IP68 watertight seal
- Pressure Connection: Open face flush diaphragm
- Media Compatibility: PP-HT sensor housing, FKM or EPDM O ring seals and Ceramic
- Alumina Al2O3 (96% or 99.9% purity) diaphragm
- Dimensions: 45 mm diameter
- Weight: 400 g, without cable
- Special Features: Disconnect sensor from cable, lightning overvoltage protection
The LMK 858 is principally a hydrostatic pressure sensor for submersing in a liquid to measure the pressure generated by the head of liquid above the sensors location in a tank or pit.
The body of the sensor is made from PP-HT polpropylene, and the diaphragm is made from ceramic alumina for maximum protection from low and high pH chemically corrosive liquids. A choice of seal and cable material can be chosen for use in the construction to optimise compatibility with a specific chemical.
The sensor includes a IP68 submersible cable connector which can be disconnected from the signal cable to facilitate sensor cleaning, or replacement without disturbing the cable wiring and harnesses.
To provide additional protection in an exposed outdoor installation environment, the electronics include integrated overvoltage protection to reduce the impact of voltage surges due to lightning strikes in the vicinity of the sensor. A 8 kA discharge tube with 4 kV surge rating is utilised in the lightning overvoltage protection to meet the requirements of the IEC 61000-4-5 standard.
Part Number Configuration Examples
Examples of LMK 858 part numbers and associated product specification configuration descriptions.
- SKU ID: s1-lmk858-0001
- Part No: 416-1001-R-2-1-1-2-3-015-000
- Pressure Range: 0 to 10
- Units: mH2O
- Reference Type: Gauge / Vented (atm to +P)
- Output Signal: 4-20mA, 2 wire
- Accuracy: 0.35% FS
- Installation Type: Submersible probe with flush diaphragm and detachable nose cone
- Housing Material: PP-HT
- Diaphragm Material: Ceramic Al2O3 99.9%
- Media Exposed Seals: FKM
- Cable Type: PUR (70degC max)
- Cable Length: 15
- Cable Length Units: Metres (m)