P-TRITON-P logger is completely waterproof for flood protection and battery powered with a typical battery life of 10 years.
Triton range of data loggers use a new data logging architecture that allows the user to monitor pressure/flow inputs in terms of average values based on typical 15 minute logging rate plus minimum/ maximum values based on fast sample rates.
Triton range of loggers store data in non-volatile memory organised into data files. Each data file is an independent data logger with its own sample and logging rate. More than one data file can record different types of data for the same input channel. Different types of data include Average, Instantaneous, Minimum, Maximum etc.
Pressure measurement accuracy is optimised by using multi point calibration. Logged data can be re-calibrated any time by re-calibrating the pressure transducer to the logger.
Local communications is via a fast non-contact IrDA communications link (115,200 baud).
Triton – P data logger can be used for many water applications, including:
- Pressure/PRV monitoring
- Critical point monitoring
- Zone pressure monitoring
- Monitor weirs, reservoirs, borehole depth
TRITON logger can accept analogue inputs from transducers including:
- Pressure transducers: 20 bar standard, up to 40 bar max
- Options: Current input: 0-10mA, 4 – 20mA or Voltage input: 0-1, 0 – 10V
- Memory: 1 M Bytes organised into 8 separate data files of 60,000 reading each. Block or Cyclic – Start/Stop
- Memory Type: Flash non-volatile memory. Data is retained for 10 years if battery power fails.
- Logging Rate: 1 second to 24 hours
- Logged data types: Average, Instantaneous, Minimum, Maximum
- Communications: IrDA – Baud Rate of 115,200 Baud
- Case Dimensions: 87mm x 57mm x 40mm
- Construction: Plastic potted (IP68 submersible)
- Weight: 250g
- Operating temperature: -20 to + 70 degree Celsius (-5 to + 160 degree F)
15min logging interval battery life
What’s the battery life for 15-minute intervals?
The battery life with 15-minute data logging intervals is ~5 years
Long running periods
Can the logger be left alone running for long periods?
The data loggers can be set up to log at the intervals you require and can be left alone to do the data logging until you are ready to go to the site, even if it’s a year for example.
Line of sight downloading
If the data needs downloading, i can show up near the sensor with my laptop and IRdA to USB device and download the data wirelessly? Also does the sensor need to be line-of-sight for downloading, since it will be underneath a manhole cover?
The USB interface device needs to be placed directly on the clear window on the front of the data logger and you can then download the data.
No USB port
Is there no USB port on the device that can be used for a direct link?
There is no physical USB connection port on the logger. The wireless IRdA interface makes it possible to produce a more waterproof enclosure.
Does the Plastic version of the Triton water pressure logger include a calibration certificate?
Yes all versions come with a factory calibration certificate as standard.
Hose and fittings
Can this logger be supplied with a hose and fittings?
Yes a hose can be provided along with quick release female connectors
Is the software included free of charge?
Yes there is no extra charge for the software, but you will need the IrDa to USB communications cable which is a separate item not included in the cost of the logger.