- Density units converter
- Calculate density from mass and volume
- Calculate volume from mass and density
- Calculate mass from volume and density
- Volumetric units converter
- Mass units converter
This calculator will compare the substance density you have entered with the density of pure water and display the result as a specific gravity decimal ratio. A conversion scale showing SG values for a range of density values will also be displayed, which will change according to the entered density.
- Enter the density value to be converted in the upper input box.
- Select the corresponding mass and volumetric units from the upper pair of selection boxes to define the density measurement units.
- The density will be displayed as a specific gravity ratio in the lower text box.
The conversion formula used by this tool is:
SG = ρ / ρ0
- ρ = Density of substance in kgm-3
- ρ0 = Density of pure water (1000 kgm-3 @4°C)
- SG = Specific gravity (e.g. pure water = 1)
Density of Substance (ρ)
This is the measure of the amount of mass per unit volume of a substance. The density is derived by dividing the mass of a quantity of substance by its volume.
Specific Gravity of Substance (SG)
This is the ratio of the density of a substance compared to the density of pure water.