We want a pressure sensor to fit to an air brake circuit of a truck which operates up to 8 bar. When the park brake is applied the air is dumped from the circuit. When the pressure reduces to 0.5 bar we want to send a signal to the Allison 2500 series truck transmission. The pressure sensor will need to have a SAE J1939 vehicle bus interface in order to communicate with the transmission electronic control unit. The truck has a 24Vdc power supply and our preference is to use an M12 x 1 male socket for the electrical connector, and a G1/4 male mechanical fitting.
We would suggest the SMC with a 10 bar g range with a M12 and a G1/4 male fitting as requested. Also the CANopen interface will conform with the requirements of SAE J1939 used in truck-trailer communication protocol.
SMC SAE J1939 Interface Pressure Sensor
- Pressure range: 0 … 10 bar
- Pressure type: gauge
- Output: CANopen (acc. to DIN ISO 11898: CAN; SAE J1939)
- Supply Voltage: 10-32V dc
- Accuracy: ≤ 0.5% FS (IEC 61298-2)
- Non Linearity Spec: ≤ 0,15% FS
- Connector: IP67 M12x1 (Binder series S763-5 pin)
- Pressure connection: G1/4 male
- Media Temperature: -40 to +125°C