This conversion tool will convert a period of time duration from one measurement unit to another and display a conversion table.
- Enter the duration of time you would like to convert in the upper input box.
- Select the corresponding unit of time from the upper pull down options.
- Select the unit of time you wish to convert to, from the lower pull down options.
- The converted time period will display in the lower text box.
The following units of time converted into seconds (SI units for time) are used by this time conversion tool:
- attosecond (as) – 1 x 10-18 s
- femtosecond (fs) – 1 x 10-15 s
- picosecond (ps) – 1 x 10-12 s
- nanosecond (ns) – 0.000000001 s
- microsecond (µs) – 0.000001 s
- millisecond (ms, msec) – 0.001 s
- second (s, sec) – 1 s
- minute (min) – 60 s
- hour (hr) – 3600 s
- day (d) – 86400 s
- week (wk) – 604800 s
- month* (mo, mth) – 2629746 s
- year* (yr) – 31556952 s
* based on the Gregorian calendar of 365.2425 days in a mean year