Click buttons below to generate web url address for bookmarking and sharing current settings, or to quickly swap over selected units
- Frequency conversion
- Frequency to period calculator
- Period to Frequency calculator
- Convert amounts per unit time
- Convert time and amount per unit time into total amount
This conversion tool will convert a period of time duration from one measurement unit to another and display a conversion table.
- Enter the duration of time you would like to convert in the upper input box.
- Select the corresponding unit of time from the upper pull down options.
- Select the unit of time you wish to convert to, from the lower pull down options.
- The converted time period will display in the lower text box.
The following units of time converted into seconds (SI units for time) are used by this time conversion tool:
Gregorian Calendar Units
- second (s, sec) – 1 s
- minute (min) – 60 s
- hour (h) – 3600 s
- day (d) – 86400 s
- week (wk) – 604800 s
These units for month and year are derived from the Gregorian mean calendar year duration of 365.2425 days.
- month (mo, mth) – 2,629,746 s
- year (yr) – 31,556,952 s
- julian year (a) – 31,557,600 s
Seconds SI Metric Prefix Units
- yoctosecond (ys) – 1 x 10-24 s
- zeptosecond (zs) – 1 x 10-21 s
- attosecond (as) – 1 x 10-18 s
- femtosecond (fs) – 1 x 10-15 s
- picosecond (ps) – 1 x 10-12 s
- nanosecond (ns) – 0.000000001 s
- microsecond (µs) – 0.000001 s
- millisecond (ms) – 0.001 s
- centisecond (cs) – 0.01 s
- decisecond (ds) – 0.1 s
- second (s) – 1 s
- decasecond (das) – 10 s
- hectosecond (hs) – 100 s
- kilosecond (ks) – 1,000 s
- megasecond (Ms) – 1,000,000 s
- gigasecond (Gs) – 1,000,000,000 s
- terasecond (Ts) – 1 x 10+12 s
- petasecond (Ps) – 1 x 10+15 s
- exasecond (Es) – 1 x 10+18 s
- zettasecond (Zs) – 1 x 10+21 s
- yottasecond (Ys) – 1 x 10+24 s