I am looking for pressure data logging equipment to cover the following requirements, 0-40 barg, all with 1/4″ NPT male connection, ATEX rated Ex IIC, suitable for use in Hydrogen areas.
The logger will be used on Nitrogen, Argon, Carbon Dioxide, Oxygen and Hydrogen, over an operating temperature range of -20 to +50 degrees Celsius.
Can you suggest a suitable logger and include how many days of data the units can hold based on a pressure reading every ten seconds, and also confirm if the units are degreased for Oxygen service?
The LEO Record Ei is a pressure logger which will have stainless steel 316L and Viton parts exposed to the various gases you plan on measuring with the logger.
The sensing module is oil filled and this can be specially filled with Oxygen compatible Galden oil. All parts that are exposed to Oxygen will be cleaned to remove any oil or grease introduced during the production process.
The LEO Record Ei is ATEX approved for intrinsic safety to certification of II 2 G EEx ia IIC T4 .
If you are storing pressure readings only, it is estimated that you will be able to collect 57,000 readings, which equates to around 6 days at your required time interval of 1 rdg/10secs.
Hydrogen gas can be an issue with oil filled thin isolation diaphragms. If the gas is H2 molecule then it should not pass through the diaphragm, but H ions may pass through causing a calibration offset due to Hydrogen gas pressure build up behind the diaphragm.
LEO Record Ei Pressure Data Logger
- Pressure Range: 0 to 40 bar gauge
- Accuracy: 0.15% FS including -20 to +50°C temp errors
- Media Operating Temperature: -20 to +50 degC
- Environmental Operating Range: 0 to +50 degC (LCD display and housing)
- Process Connection: 1/4 NPT male
- PC Software Kit: USB data cable & software
- Optional Extras: Compensated temperature range: -20 to +50degC
- Optional Extras: Galden HT270 oil fill (60degC max)
- Optional Extras: Oxygen cleaning free of oil and grease
- Optional Extras: ATEX / IECEx intrinsically safe approved
- Optional Extras: 11 point traceable calibration certificate