The kilopascal is a x1000 multiple of the Pascal unit which is the SI unit for pressure. 1 kilopascal equals 1,000 pascals.
It is not one of the most used pressure units since it lies between the Millibar (hectopascal) and the Bar, both of which are widely used pressure units and there is a strong tendency due to convert a kilopascal into one or the other.
The kPa is mostly used for describing sub-atmospheric air pressures and low differential air pressures found in building ventilation systems.
When compared to bar unit there is 100 kPa in 1 bar which happens to be very close to the standard atmospheric pressure at sea level (101.325kPa), therefore a reading in kPa closely represents the same value as the 0 to 100 percentage scale of atmospheric pressure. This makes the comparison of atmospheric pressure with the pressure at different altitudes or the partial pressures of component gases more tangible.
To convert a pressure in kilopascals to another unit, just multiply by the appropriate conversion factor from the list below.
Please try our pressure unit converter to convert any pressure value into kilopascals.
- 0.01 bar
- 0.145038 psi
- 10 mbar
- 1000 N/m²
- 1000 Pa
- 10 hPa
- 1 kPa
- 0.001 MPa
- 0.0101972 kg/cm²
- 101.972 mmH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 10.1972 cmH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.101972 mH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 4.01463 inH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 0.334553 ftH2O 4°C (39.2°F)
- 7.50062 mmHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.750062 cmHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.295300 inHg 0°C (32°F)
- 7.50062 Torr
- 7500.62 mTorr
- 0.00986923 atm
- 0.0101972 at
- 10000 dyn/cm²
- 2.32060 oz/in²
- 7500.62 µHg 0°C (32°F)
- 0.0000647490 tsi (uk, long)
- 0.0000725189 tsi (usa, short)
- 0.0104427 tsf (usa, short)
- 20.8854 psf
- 10.1972 g/cm²
Please note that the conversion factors above are accurate to 6 significant figures.
Select a look up table for converting a pressure reading in kilopascals to other measurement units.
- psi » 1 to 1000 kPa → 0.145038 to 145.038 psi
- kg/cm² » 1 to 1000 kPa → 0.0101972 to 10.1972 kg/cm²
- mH2O » 1 to 1000 kPa → 0.101972 to 101.972 mH2O
- inH2O » 1 to 1000 kPa → 4.01463 to 4,014.63 inH2O
- ftH2O » 1 to 1000 kPa → 0.334553 to 334.553 ftH2O
- mmHg » 1 to 1000 kPa → 7.50062 to 7,500.62 mmHg
- Torr » 1 to 1,000 kPa → 7.50062 to 7,500.62 Torr
- mbar » 0.1 to 200 kPa → 1 to 2000 mbar
kPa to kg/cm²
What is the pressure conversion from kPa to kg/sq cm?
Multiply the reading in kPa by 0.0101972 to convert to kg/sq cm (kg/cm²).
Measurement Unit Related Terms
More pages related to measurement unit technical terms.