I am looking to measure a differential pressure across a filter element. Air is being drawn through the filter via an extraction fan so that downstream of the filter the pressure is -1000Pa.
As the filter becomes coated with dust the differential pressure across it will rise from 5mbar to 10mbar, at this point we wish to send a signal to a control panel.
The control panel will send a pulse of gas up to 1 bar to clean the element and the procedure will begin again. A 20mbar dp with a 1 bar overpressure rating would be ideal.
The XMD dp cell transmitter has very good overpressure rating on either port and it is possible to scale the output to read over 0-20 mbar.
The accuracy will be 0.1% of 20 mbar = 0.07 mbar.
You can use a positive differential range to measure a suction range by connecting the positive port to the upstream side of the filter and the negative port to the downstream side of the filter.
XMD Process Plant DP Cell Differential Pressure Transmitter
- Upper Pressure Range Limit: 0 to 75 mbar differential
- Factory Set Pressure Range: 0 – 20 mbar
- ATEX Approval Type: Intrinsic safety
- Output Signal: 4 to 20 mA, 2 wire with HART communications
- Accuracy: 0.1% full scale
- Diaphragm Material: Stainless steel 316L
- Media Exposed Seals: FKM
- Process Connection Material: Stainless steel 316L
- Process Connection: 1/4-18 NPT female