Economical IP68 protected sensor with stainless steel 316L housing and Ceramic strain gauge sensing diaphragm for measuring liquid depth pressure or the pressure in a submerged pipe or vessel.
- Hydrostatic Level Ranges: 0-10 up to 0-100 mWG, 0-1.5 up to 0-10 bar absolute
- Accuracy: 0.25% or 0.1% full scale BSL (11-12 bit resolution)
- Output Signal: 4 to 20 mA current loop output and amplified voltage, mV/V uncompensated, 2mV/V ±1% rationalised, 10 mV/V ±1% rationalised and low amplification
- Electrical Connection: Submersible integral cable with a PUR, PVC or FEP jacket.
- Pressure Connection: 1/4 BSP male with protective nose cone
- Media Compatibility: SS 316L, Duplex SS or PVC body, Ceramic Alumina Al2O3 diaphragm with NBR, Viton or EPDM O ring seals, PUR, PVC or FEP cable jacket
- Diameter: 25 mm (1 inch)
- Special Features: high corrosion resistant diaphragm
- Special Options: Seawater use with Duplex stainless steel construction, chemically resistant plastic housing
The IMCL low cost water proof liquid level sensor is designed for end user or OEM applications which require a low cost submersible sensor with a durable design and a medium grade accuracy performance.
Three different choices of housing, seals and cable are possible with the IMCL to provide 27 different configurations to suit a wide range of liquid media compatibility.
Measure hydrostatic pressure from from 0 to 10 mWC (33 ftWC) up to 0 to 100 mWC (330 ftWc) and convert reading to a millivolt, current or voltage signal output.
The Ceramic diaphragm has a high chemical resistance to media such as leachate and seawater, and the housing can be upgraded to Duplex stainless steel if necessary for extra material protection.
A PUR coated cable is fitted as standard, but for additional chemical protection an FEP coated cable can be supplied.
A high pressure water tight seal protects the signal conditioning electronics from leaking down to depths up to 100 metres (328 feet). The electronics are also protected from lightning induced voltage surges to reduce the risk of damage at exposed locations such as landfill sites and reservoirs.
The electrical signal of IMCL low cost IP68 hydrostatic level sensor can be a low power consumption millivolt output for connection to battery powered telemetry monitoring system or logging instrumentation. For process applications such as water treatment, landfill sites or tank storage a 4-20mA can be specified for transmitting a level reading from one side of a site to another through analogue signal cable wires.
IP68 ratiometric output on water pipeline
I am working on a water pipeline project that requires a ratiometric pressure sensor which can be powered by a 5 V dc supply, has a measuring range of 0- 10 bar, and the enclosed rating must be IP68.
The IMCL has the option for a 0.5 to 4.5Vdc ratiometric output with a 5 volt supply. You can use the 1/4 BSP male fitting to attach the sensor to the pipeline and it is waterproof to a depth of 100 metres.
- SKU ID: s1-imcl-0002
- Part No: IMCL-G1002-9A2-AAV-002-000
- Pressure Range: 0 to 10
- Units: bar
- Reference Type: Gauge / Vented (atm to +P)
- Output Signal: 0.5-4.5Vdc (3 wire, ratiometric)
- Supply Voltage: 5Vdc
- Non-Linearity and Hysteresis: 0.25% FS
- Thermal Zero Shift: 0.02% FS per °C
- Housing Material: Stainless Steel 316L
- Diaphragm Material: Ceramic Alumina Al2O3
- Media Exposed Seals: Viton
- Electrical Connection: IP68 Cable Gland
- Cable Type: PUR
- Cable Length: 2
- Cable Length Units: Metres (m)
- Process Connection: G1/4 male DIN3852
Least power consumption output signals
Which outputs have the least power consumption?
Starting with the least power consumption, the list is as follows:
- mV/V – output ratiometric to supply
- 2 mV/V – compensated output ratiometric to supply
- 10 mV/V – compensated output ratiometric to supply
- Voltage – 0-10Vdc, 0-5Vdc
- Current – 4-20mA current loop
Atmospheric pressure compensation
How is the IMCL submersible pressure sensor compensated for atmospheric pressure changes?
The cable contains a vent tube as standard which brings atmospheric pressure to rear side of the pressure sensing diaphragm, and thus compensates the hydrostatic + atmospheric pressure present on the front side by effectively cancelling out the effects of atmospheric pressure.
Carwash borehole water level 30 metres deep
I need a submersible pressure transmitter that is no more than 25mm in diameter to monitor the level of water above a submersible pump providing the water supply to a carwash from a 30 metre deep bore.
The IMCL has an outside diameter of 25mm and is waterproof to a depth of up to 100m, so it will be adequately protected for lowering to the bottom of a 30m bore to measure the head of water above the pump.
- SKU ID: s1-imcl-0001
- Part No: IMCL-G3000-5A2-AAV-035-000
- Pressure Range: 30 mWG
- Output Signal: 4-20mA (2wire)
- Cable Type: PUR (standard)
- Length of Cable (metres): 35
- Housing Material: Stainless Steel 316L (standard)
- Seals exposed to media: Viton (standard)
- Accuracy (BSL): 0.25% FS (standard)
- Thermal Zero Shift: 0.02% FS/degC (standard)